Here's Five on Friday.
1. Had a beautiful evening at an art reception I attended with Rick's Aunt Bev, hosted by friends of hers at their amazing estate in Edinboro. I really miss my creative community in State College. It was lovely to meet a lively community of quirky, interesting art-lovers here in Edinboro/Erie.
2. Watched the Breaking Bad finale on Monday night wearing these shirts. Please excuse Rick's wrinkly shirt. It was pulled from the laundry bin. We avoided the internet all day so that we wouldn't have the ending spoiled for us.
3. The calm before the storm Thursday at TEDxJNJ@SpringHouse at Janssen Research and Development near Philadelphia — an event I was working on for the past two months. I speaker-coached and designed presentations for some brilliant, inspiring people including a bench scientist who moonlights as an improv comedian, an art therapist, an IT guy, a medicinal nano particle engineer, and a 20 year old Thiel fellow who developed a vaccine for cancer and is working to build implantable devices that monitor your health in real-time. I've worked with many speakers that I never get to meet in person, so being able to attend the event and meet everybody I was working with was amazing.
4. It was also the first time I was away from Hank overnight. Even though I was only gone for 36 hours, I missed two days with him and I was definitely feeling it. Everywhere I looked there were reminders of him. This was at the airport when my flight had been delayed for over an hour for maintenance issues. Also, WANDS.
My sweet husband made a crappy evening much better by sending little videos of Hank to me throughout the evening during his night time routine. I love my boys.
5. And a nice walk down the driveway on a wet autumn morning. I love Sophie's butt.
Also, Hank took his first few steps today. Watch out, world.